Balanced Mind, Inspired Heart
Updated: Mar 6, 2019
According to studies and researches we know that women have 52% less serotonin in their brain than men do and that is how we are designed, therefore they may get upset or worried deeper or hold grudges and generally on the surface they may appear selfish, yet they are truly not and they just being their true nature in being a woman. But let’s have a look at what serotonin is. Serotonin is often referred to as the “happiness neurotransmitter.” Elevated levels of Serotonin in the body are associated with positive emotions including happiness, peacefulness, and calm. Serotonin is a little powerful naughty hormone, I always say with such a laughter. This powerful hormone acts as a neurotransmitter, a type of chemical that helps relay signals from one area of the brain to another. Of the approximately 40 million brain cells, most are influenced either directly or indirectly by serotonin. This includes brain cells related to mood, sexual desire and function, appetite, sleep, memory and learning, temperature regulation, and some social behavior. Can you see why I call it the little powerful naughty hormone? There are many researchers who believe that an imbalance in serotonin levels may influence mood in a way that leads to depression. I am a definitely one of them and in fact since I have personally experienced the influence that the lack of serotonin can have on your life and the quality of your dad to day living, it has become one of my passion to create awareness about it and tell them others they don’t have to live with it or with all the negative influence it can have on
your life and I promise you that there are ways to take it under control holistically before you surrender to pharmaceutical medicine. There are natural ways on how to raise your serotonin level which I have found them with lots of researches and follow ups and I am so sure of the affect they can have on you. Now I would like to help you by showing you ways of how to raise your serotonin naturally so to be more of a balance, calm and powerful self of you. Although this might seem a need for women, men too can absolutely and truly benefit from the knowledge and the tips I am about to share. These are some solutions to create more of authentic happiness and cheerfulness for all no matter what your sex or age would be. As simple as it may seem, its amazingly powerful. So here are a few suggestions to take on daily:
1) Drink Saffron tea (or use it in your cooking) It’s a magnificent antidepressant, like a happy pill. I make this tea in the afternoon or sometimes during the day, it is so funny because it even makes me laugh a little more than usual, and it’s hilarious. The reason that it makes you laugh more and be more cheerful, is because of the calmness that bring to your body and mind while making you relax.
2) Take 5HTP This amazing supplement Increases Serotonin levels in the brain, Enhances mood and alleviates stress, it also Improves sleep and regulates appetite. It is generally well tolerated and you can take between 50 mg to 250 mg per day and it is found in any health store around the world.
3) Exercise regularly Movement is powerful and it releases serotonin. Even if you walk 20 min a day you will increase a high level of serotonin in your brain which will last very long, or just dance to one or 2 of your favorite songs.
4) Write down negative thoughts Active writing is healing. It is basically a form of meditation. By writing you create space for new thoughts and ideas in your mind, because you literally delete the negativity in a perceived negative situation or a thought by writing about it. Journalism at night can really help. Write down what worries you and what you can or can’t do about it. Did you know that Queen Victoria wrote about 2000 words every day of her time of being on the thrown!? Well, maybe that’s why she was a queen for sixty years, who knows!
5) Get a massage. There was a study that was done on some pregnant women. These women were massaged twice a week for four months and after the four months the researchers found out that their level of serotonin has been raise up to 30%! And that is a high level of increase. So how about you book yourself a massage sometimes soon.